As a member-driven organization, the Jordan GBC relies on committees to implement its action plan, achieve its objectives and mission. The Jordan GBC has established 4 main Committees that are open for Jordan GBC members to join. Each Committee can create sub-committees to help with its tasks and responsibilities.
- To suggest and design projects and programs in any given area in a creative manner to best serve the mission
- To support the actions of the executive staff member to best execute the programs designed
- To assist the Executive Director in assessing the capabilities of the organization’s executive staff and thus the capacity building needed in the investment in Human Resources
- To enhance the organizational structure of the NGO
- To be a constructive power in the operation of the NGO
- To increase the participation of the NGO members in the operations of the association and get them more involved
Membership and Networking Committee (MNC)
MNC is formed of enthusiastic and self-motivated multidisciplinary members representing various sectors in Jordan with a mission of supporting the Jordan GBC in identifying potential members, their respective sectors and developing networking activities geared towards increasing the depth and width of representation and membership of the council.
Committee was established on April 12, 2010 with the following objectives:
- Increase members’ exposure to developments in the green buildings’ sector.
- Create business opportunities and linkages.
- Effectively Network and Market the council’s members.
Technical Development Committee (TDC)
The TDC is responsible mainly for the development of the certification system and collaborating with international organizations on issues of accreditation, certification and technical development. Additionally, the Technical Committee has developed an Advisory Role for projects. The Technical Committee also consults and works on various projects incorporating green practices and processes.
Education Committee (ETC)
The ETC works in collaboration with the MNC and the TDC to ensure that all training and skill development any member needs are being met and that all gaps are being bridged. The ETC also designs courses and encourages the placement of Green building content in school curriculums.
Awareness, Communication & Outreach Committee (ACC)
The ACC is established with the mission of supporting the Jordan GBC in developing awareness campaigns, communication and brand identity exposure and marketing and outreach in the local community.
1) Increase the percentage of population who understands the Green Building concepts
2) create the advocacy platform through the Council to advocate on business and legislative environmental changes
3) Promote Jordan GBC brand identity to become highly visible and recognized in Jordan as a reference organization to Green Buildings.
Advocacy Committee (ADC) “under establishment”
The ADC is tasked with the mission of supporting the Jordan GBC in all advocacy activities including the legislation change for the benefit of the Green Building development in Jordan.